Visit the famous Golden Triangle, where borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. The scenic vistas offer perfect photo opportunities. The area has a fascinating history for being one of the most prolific areas of production for opium! We will visit one of the traditional Opium Houses, situated on the bend of the Mekong River. Also, experience some of the most wonderful sights around the Chiang Rai area on this exciting, action packed tour! Visit Wat Chedi Luang and the ancient city of Chiang Saen; the capital of the Lanna kingdom until the 13th century. Visit Akha & Yao hill tribe village
● Visit a view-point which overlooks international borders of 3 countries
● Explore the area surrounding The Golden Triangle on this full-day trip from Chiang Mai
● Explore the ruins of Lanna Kingdom
● Visit oldest capital cities of Thailand - Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai
● Enjoy scenic road trip
● Round-trip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
● Sightseeing and admission fees as per the itinerary
● Services of an English speaking guide throughout the tour
● Tips or gratuities
● Personal expenditure
● 35THB Per/ Person fuel Cost
● We pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and drive along a wildly route via Doi Saket through scenic hills, valleys and villages. We first stop at Mae Khachan Hot Spring. We then proceed to Chiang Rai province and visit Akha & Yao hill tribe villages in Mae Chan area. Watch the tribal people who still dress up in their traditional costume as well as purchase some cheap crafts from them.
● Later continue to the ancient town of Chiang Saen, the capital of the kingdom until 13th century before King Meng Rai, the founder of Lanna Kingdom moved the capital to Chiang Rai. Visit Wat Chedi Luang which is almost 800 years old .
● Further drive along the Mekong’s River Bank to the world renowned Golden Triangle, the mystery land of the past famous fr its drug trade.
● Enjoy a buffet lunch at the restaurant.
● Drive up a small hill to a scenic point at Wat Pu Kao for a picturesque view over the Mekong River and the meeting point of 3 different countries; Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Then, take a short walk to the Opium Museum where you can learn interesting facts abut Opium.
● Drive back to Chiang Mai to be transferred to your hotel.
● This tour can be upgraded to private tour - write to email@example.com for more info
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Free No: 1800011039